Friday, 15 September 2017

Self-assessment suspense sequence


Suspense Sequence Self-Assessment


My suspense sequence went pretty well considering this was the first time I had done something like this but I think my group did fairly well. Some of the things that went well during our suspense sequence was that we met the requirements of all the shots we needed to use such as close up, low and high angle shots we managed to do this by using our surroundings. For example, for the high angle shots we stood on tree stumps so we could make the shot look more effective and for some of the low angle shots we had the camera on the floor so we could have a more dramatic feel. For one of the shots we used, we put the camera on the ground but tilted it so it looked more dramatic and built up the tension of the sequence with more of an effect.

Some things didn't go to plan as we had lost some footage and didn't realise until we began editing which kind of put us in a difficult position but most of the footage we had was useful anyway. Another thing that could've been improved for next time was the sounds as our sounds weren't great mainly because we filmed outdoors which made it difficult to record sounds as the wind could usually be heard over it.

Some of the sounds such as the twigs snapping weren't actually caught on the recordings as it just wouldn't pick up the sound, next time I think I would take some twigs inside and snap them in there so that you'll be able to hear them more clearly. Also possibly filming in the Forest restricted what we could do as we couldn't lean the camera on much and outside noise interference didn't help so it made the sound seem windy and the camera work was quite shaky as we weren't able to stand the camera on anything.

We did manage to put the camera on a make do tripod (a log) and that didn't seem too bad, it certainly made the shots seem more still. Next time I think I will stick to filming indoors and also make sure we have steady surfaces to place the camera as this will help for still shots. Other than that I think I would keep most things the same for the way we filmed the shots and how we used the surroundings we had around us.

Overall, I think this was a very good attempt at making a suspense sequence, I mean it's obviously not amazing but it wasn't bad considering I'm an amateur at all of this at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment